From North Wales Chronicle - Saturday January 20, 1883

MARRIAGE AT PENMACHNO - On Wednesday the 10th inst, at the Wesleyan Chapel, was solemnised the marriage of Dr. William Michael Williams, and Miss Kate Jones, younger daughter of Mr Owen Jones, Glasgwm Hall, Penmachno. The chapel was crowded to excess with persons anxious to witness the ceremony, and at about 10.30 the bride arrived, looking wonderfully well, leaning on the arm of her father, and accompanied by her sister, who acted as her bridesmaid. Mr. Robert Williams, District Bank, Pwllheli, being the bridegroom's "best man." The ceremony was performed by the Rev. D.O. Jones, brother to the bride, assisted by the Revs. W. Griffiths (Calvinistic Methodists), and Edward Humphreys, Llanwrst. They afterwards drove up to Glasgwm Hall, where a party of about thirty sat down to breakfast, after which, several toasts were given and responded to. The Rev. E. Humphreys doing ample justice in proposing the "health, long life, and happiness to Dr. and Mrs. Williams." Early afternoon the young couple left for Bettwsycoed, en route for London where they intend spending their honeymoon. The presents were both numerous and costly. The village of Penmachno was in a state of pleasant commotion and animation all throughout the day, cannons were heard from all directions, and in every corner, flags, arches of evergreens with appropriate mottoes were put up in honour of the event. In the evening the whole village was beautifully illuminated, which plainly shows how highly respected Mr O. Jones and family are in the parish.